Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tick Tock

10 days.

As I write this there are just 10 days left in the month of June.  10 days until my wife’s time in Iraq is up.  Barring in unforeseen circumstances and accounting for transit time she should be back in the good ol’ U.S. of A within 15-20 days, God willing!

15-20 days! Woohoo!

15 TO 20 DAYS!!!! Crap! I’ve got a lot of stuff I need to do!!  The Piles! The dusting! The floors!  I’ve got get those piles contained… err… rid of! Piles of laundry. Piles of dishes.  Piles of papers.  Oh man. So much to do.  I’ve got to get this house in tip top shape before she gets here.  I’m sure she would not like to be reminded of the dust of Iraq here at home.  Right now though it might be close. Maybe I can convince her it’s part of a acclimatization program that I read somewhere.  To kind of “gradually” re-introduce deployed airmen back into civilization.

Yeah. I don’t think she’ll buy that either.

288728_Planahead

4 comments:

  1. I'm laughing now, honey.....*Now*....
    hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo, Keye! Don't clean it up! Doesn't she need to see with her own eyes just how much you need her!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe at least air out the house. Open windows and buy some febreeze. I always notice how stale the house smells when i come home after being gone.

    ReplyDelete